US working to accept exiled Cuban prisoners. Are you for or against this program?

HAVANA – The United States is working on a plan to bring the vast majority of exiled Cuban political prisoners from Spain to America, and has already processed the first case, a senior State Department official has told The Associated Press. There are three dozen Cuban political prisoners already in Spain, along with more than 100 family members. The official said that nearly all are likely to accept the offer. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the program, which has not yet been announced. The plan gets around a Catch-22 whereby Cubans who left the island were no longer considered in harm's way, and thus not eligible for traditional asylum requests in the U.S.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101004/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/cb_cuba_us_political_prisoners

kenzie07

Asked by kenzie07 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• We have enough problems of our own. I wish our government would stop trying to play superman to the rest of these countries and work on our own damn issues!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Honestly, NO I am not for it. This country doesn't have enough money to take care of our own let alone taking in more.

If we weren't having financial difficulties, I would say, bring them in. But right now, we cannot handle more.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yay, another group we can "save". I wish they would work on helping some of our people in our own country. We have a lot of families struggling right now.
    Anonymous

• Ohhhh noooo. Illegal Cuban Aliens! WHat will we do? Wow...
    But they could be really good farm hands,doncha think?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hey Gert... the article pinpoints that the prisoners are political prisoners. I wouldn't guess that these are common working folks looking for jobs picking beans. The article also states that the people are already in Spain. Seems to me like another situation where the U.S. is nosing around in someone else's business only to come out smelling foul.
    kenzie07

Comment by kenzie07 (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Oct. 5, 2010