The bus stop dad

Who was wrong, the dad or the bus driver?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39497339/ns/today-parenting/

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The school system and the bus driver. If they had taken care of the problem in the first place, the father would not have to take care of it.

did he go overboard, yes but any parent would if they say the disrespect that was going on and the driver didn't do anything to stop it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Based on all I've heard, I've got to side with Dad.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The bus driver. Like the PP said the dad did go over the top though. But if it was taken care of the first time around the father wouldnt have to get involved.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• agree with the dad -- seen this on the news this morning and right away I knew i would have done the same
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 4:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The bus driver. I know you shouldn't yell and cuss at kids etc, he was protecting his child and over-reacted. I say he was being a good parent in looking out for the best interests of his child. 

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• In this case, the dad was wrong IMO. What he did may be a last resort kind of action. I remember from an interview that he hadn't even spoken to anyone at the school before going off in front of a bunch of kids. Then, there's the issue of the innocent children having to witness the swearing and death threats. I'm sure they were very scared!  He should've gone to the school first, then the school could've reveiwed the tapes of the bullying and he would've been able to press charges against the bullies for assault.  Instead, HE could be facing jail time.  Dumb. 

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• that dad is a badass. kids need to get in trouble for their behavior on the bus. I remember the bus in middle school, and it was AWFUL. The older kids would spit and call names and just make life hell. Nothing was done then either. Bus drivers need to be the boss of their bus. I rode home with a friend 1 time, and the kids on her bus knew better. They didnt even talk. That busdriver had the right idea. I hate the thought of my children ever riding the bus! Why do kids behave so badly on it! They always teach the little ones about sex and tell them santa is not real. UGH! I will never put my kids on the bus....we will walk or drive.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 4:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Is this about that girl that was getting teased on the bus? I don't blame the dad at all. Those little brats needed to get a little scared. Besides, as parents, it's our responsability to protect our children. Like Jademom said... neither the school nor the bus driver did anything about it
    And btw... they have the dad ON VIDEO yelling at the kids...where is the video of the kids throwing condoms on that girl? Its not fair that they're using some video to make the father look bad, but won't show what the kids were doing.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I saw the Dad on the Today show this morning, he has a big heart, and just wanted to protect his little girl. He was in tears talking about it. I would have to side with the Dad. I feel if more parents would get involved, and be active parents, things like this wouldn't happen...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010