are stride rite shoes worth the extra money?

i have a special occasion that i am bringing my daughter to and i bought her stride rite shoes to go with her dress but there are cuter ones for $30 less at old navy...... we have high arches and bad feet in my family so i am afraid to not spend the extra money on her.

SweetMiss

Asked by SweetMiss at 4:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think they are. If the shoes are to be worn only for dress-up, you could probably get away with the cheaper ones. But for every day wear, I think the good shoes are well worth the investment.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We had stide rite shoes and she ran in them, played in them just the way she does in her cheap ones. I don't see or feel any difference. I will never buy them again. JMO.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would say if you have a family history of bad feet, I would be spending the money. Maybe you can find other things to wear the shoes with after the occasion is over so you get more use out of them.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• YES!!! They come in narrow, medium, and wide sizes. They take the time to FIT the child's foot in the store. They are made of leather or canvas and breath unlike the crappy vinyl shoes that STINK and don't allow the foot to breath. If you already have foot issues in the family, it is definitely good to go with a place like Stride Rite.
    Bad shoes in toddler years can actually create foot issues later.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• for how fast kids outgrow shoes i would not spend any extra money. i once bought my son some shoes for $25 and I thought it was too much
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• They are worth it but if it is a one occasion and she is never going to wear the shoes again then I would go for the cheaper ones.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010