Do you mind unexpected visitors?

I do. Usually I'm not on top of everything like I should. Most of the time I think the house looks messy, so I really don't like unexpected visitors. It's embarassing to let them in. What about you?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, I mind. I have a regular routine at home & when someone drops in at nap time I could scream! I think it's rude not to call prior to coming to see if it is OK with the person. Sometimes I turn off my doorbell that goes trough the intercom (when my Son is napping) & just don't answer the door.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I do. I like to know if someone is coming. Like is the house was messy or if I had other things planned.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes.
    MomNtheRes

Answer by MomNtheRes at 4:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't like unexpected visitors! I like to now when someone is coming over, so I can make everything look presentable. I am not saying my house is dirty, but I at least want any dishes left in the sink to be done, and the toys to be picked up...oh and the bathroom has to be clean when someone comes over or I have like a panic attack! lol.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I dont mind at all! Our house is always open to guests! In fact, most of them dont even knock! The people that come to see us know that houses aren't always spot-free, kids aren't always dressed and clean, and i'm dont always have the time to sit and chat for an hour!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'd rather have some notice, but I have relaxed a lot about how the house looks, etc. I used to stress out about things like that but now they can take it or leave it. The house is always fairly neat.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I love unexpected visitors! I manage to keep my house mostly clean and if they come unannounced then they can help me fold laundry while the kids run around. :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 4:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• That is why we have a locked gate. You have to call to visit.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 4:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• no not really. I would like to be dressed when they come.LOL I wear my Comfy clothes otherwise
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes it I do mind. Just call before hand and I will be happy for you to come over.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010