Husband texting ex-wife

My husband and I both have previous marriages; my marriage resulted in a child, he has no other children. We had a baby this past summer, and as you all know, don't feel that great about my body but ok enough since I'm back in size 10 jeans. Couldn't find my phone Sunday and used his to call mine; I was going to text a friend of ours with a silly text only to find that my husband had a text wishing his ex-wife a happy b-day. I got pissed but he said this was all he did and nothing else for over a year. Mind you, he left his email open while on our honeymoon (i saw it when i was checking mine) from her asking him to dinner for his birthday. That one was already 3 months old but it still hurt since his reply was "okay". He said he never went. I know they text in July, after we had our baby about a cat dying they had together. She called 2 weeks before our wedding saying she was sad to hear his news. Am i right to be mad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• yes....i understand completely how upset you must be...i would be upset too. If there are no kids involved nor business he should not hold such vivid contact with his ex especially without telling you about it.
    ask him what that deal is between them two and that you don't like that. that it hurts your feelings and when you are not staying in touch with and ex of yours neither should he....
    good luck and don't let that get you down. :)
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you every right to be mad. But from what you said that he said in the email and the text. It does not seem to me like he did anything wrong. However, i would put an end to it now. I would not want that going on behind my back.......Good luck!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would be mad. Don't think they have any business talking since no children are involved. Sounds like they are holding onto something? IDK, just what it sounds like. I would stop it ASAP.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you feel upset you need to tell him and find out why he is having any communication with her when he doesn't need to be and why he is doing it behind your back
    rlambert

Answer by rlambert at 5:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I understand why you would be mad since you didn't know about the texts or emails, that would bother me, it would feel as if he was hiding it from me. However, I don't think him wishing her a happy birthday is a reason to be upset. I get that they don't have children, but saying "happy birthday" to someone that he supposedly loved at one point in his life is not horrible. It's not like he's telling her he loves her. Just because a couple gets divorced, doesn't mean they have to hate each other, never speak or wish them well.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree with MeandMyBabes- it may hurt, but life isn't the way you want it to be sometimes.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would be more than pissed #1 they have no kids together no reason for keeping in touch she is an ex for a reason!!!!
    #2 if he wasn't hiding anything he would have said something like " Honey the ex sent me a text about her b-day dinner I said I would go but I don't want to " or something like that
    when they hide things that is when the red flags go up !!
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2010