Micro chipping...

do you have your animals micro chipped? What do you think about it?

Our cat is micro chipped...I put it off for a while because he is my big fur baby and I didnt want to hurt him but we are a military family and just made a big move so I had him micro chipped before we left just in case sometime happened along the way or he found his way out somehow. He took it really well and didnt seem to even pay attention at all to the site. I think it is a great Idea and his has a double chip in it so both types of readers can find it.

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pets

• I think they are a GREAT idea. One of my dogs got loose because my middle son let him out. I got a call a couple of hours later because somebody had found him and took him to a vets office and scanned him. I don't know if we would have ever seen him again if it hadn't been for the micro chip.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have one of my dogs chipped....it never seemed to bother her either and sometimes i can feel it but she doesnt seem to mind it. but i never heard of this double chip....hmmm i wonder what mine is. lol i guess this is an awful time to ask lol
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have both of my indoor cats micro chipped. I would be heartbroken if one of them got out, knowing that I could have done something that might get them back to me but didn't.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes, Mine are all chipped. Tags and collars can come off. If something were to happen I want to be able to get them back. It doesn't hurt them to have done none of mine reacted at all. Granted some animals are more sensitive then others but I think it is a great thing.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I do but only because they were adopted at shelters that did it. They are inside cats so I probably would not do it otherwise.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yup both my dogs are micro chipped. I think its great cause if either one fo them was to get out or anything and someone found them they would know exactly who they belong to.
    HeatherM2010

Answer by HeatherM2010 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We have to have them done for them to live on post. But, the shelters did it before we got them. I think it is a great idea, considering dogs like to run.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We had our dog chipped, the breeder wouldn't let her go without it being done. It was like having an injection she said and our puppy has never bothered the site. If she gets lost or someone tries to steal her, I know she will always find her way home now she's chipped. It's real peace of mind. Don't ask me about the morality; then we could get into the whole morality of keeping animals and domesticating them :-)
    Clairemum2three

Answer by Clairemum2three at 9:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We micro chip our pets. We have two dogs. I do it simply because they run around out side. I want them back if some one were to call the humane society.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• his has two types of chips in it because there are two different readers that pick up different frequencies. The vet said that hopefully one day soon they will be standardized but for now the US mostly uses one type and other countries use another. my cats is a true paws micro chip
    foxracing43701

Comment by foxracing43701 (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010