1 weeks appt?

so at what week does the 1 weeks appt start? and when do they check for dialation?

tandie1977

Asked by tandie1977 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am just starting the 1 wk appts. I'm 36 wks. Wed is the first of these and they will be checking for dialation.
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yup 36 weeks for me too I didn't get checked bc 4 women went into labor lol so I waited 2 hrs for an appt and didn't didn't get much but pelvic and sono friday
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My 1 week appointments started at 35 weeks because of high blood pressure. My doctor doesn't start checking for dilation until 37 weeks but I opt not to have it done because really all it does is introduce baceteria into the vagina.

Also how dilated you are and how effaced you are prior to active labor do not really matter. You could go around dilated to a 4 and 80% effaced for 4 weeks or you could be completely closed and go into full blown labor tonight.

How "progressed" you are mean nothing in the way of when you will go into labor.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Normally the last month
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010