How many of you get along with your In Laws?

How great of a relationship do you have with your In Laws? Have you butted heads before?Share any stories or just vent about whats happened.

s_harden

Asked by s_harden at 4:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I get along GREAT with my mother-in-law. She is so stand off, she says my kids are grown they can make thier own decisions. She actually tells us all she doesn't know how we deal with her boys lol. The only time it sucks is with him!! He says well, if you don't cook my momma will and that makes me SSSSOOOO mad! I don't like being compared.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My husb has a large family. His mom was wonderful. (God rest her soul) (His dad died b4 we married) So I just have BIL's & SIL's. Some are better than others. Fortunately, since the family is so big, I dont have to see all of them that often. And when I do, I can sit & talk w/ the ones I get along with. I have learned the hard way over the years who the back-stabbers are, and am civil to them, but dont give them any ammo!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My in laws were in the middle of a divorce when we met. I always got along great with my father in law, he welcomed me into the family from the beginning. My mother in law doesn't live far from us, but she wouldn't have anything to do with me. She's Catholic, and I had been divorced, so she wasn't thrilled to have me as a daughter in law. I thought she would get over it when we had children....her only grandchildren, but she's never had anything to do with them. We've been married 22 years, and I just think it's very sad that she would cut off her son and her only grandchildren...without even trying to get to know me.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I can honestly say that I have never had a problem with my mother in law may she rest in peace and I never had a problem with my father in law either! My sister and brother in laws are all nice but I don't see or hear from them often. Only on the Holidays!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Besties! Except when it comes to where we are doing Christmas, my parents live on the other coast, so it's always a battle as to where we are going to spend the holidays.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I got along so great with my mil that I kept reconsidering divorcing her son. Even now that we've been divorced she's still mom to me and even thinks of my youngest dd and my ss as her grandchildren. Now my inlaws I have now his moms ok but she's a lil immature (bar hopping and frequntly getting pregnant by random guys) for my liking. DH's dad is a massive pervert that attempted to have sex w his ex so I don;t go near him at all.
    rlambert

Answer by rlambert at 5:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My MIL and I get along great! She comes by my house everyday to see her grandson! He loves his nana with a passion and talks about her all day long. My family is a very close knit family on my husbands side and I love it!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I get a long with them.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I do and am lucky to say no stories...they mind their own biz and are very cool people.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have amazing future in laws! They have been married 30 years, they are more in love today than when they first married, they are wonderful people. I look up to my future MIL as if she were my own mother. I strive everyday to be the kind of woman she is. My DF strives to be like his father & IMPO, he succeeds! I talk to my MIL everyday. She should be on the fast track to sainthood or something
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2010