For all those against Gay marriage being legal only for religous reasons...

How do you feel about illegal aliens since it says in Ex. 233:9
"And you must not oppress an alien resident as YOU yourselves have known the soul of the alien resident, because YOU became alien residents in Egypt."

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• MaryWolfe, gays do not choose the lifestyle, no one in their right mind would choose to be discriminated and shunned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 5:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Some people seem to have such a hard time differentiating between LEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL immigration. Here...lets try THIS. It's LEGAL to walk into a store, pick up a radio, PAY FOR IT, and walk out. It is ILLEGAL to walk into a store, pick up a radio, and walk out.....there are STEPS you have to take to stay within the law!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It doesn't say ILLEGAL in the text. Nice try though.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It also says to Romans 13:1-7 tells us to obey the law of the land. Illegals should read that one.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Gays do not choose to be gay. They are born that way.
    But illegal immigrants, totally different. They know coming here ILLEGALLY is a federal offense, but they do it anyway. My grandparents wanted a better life too. But they waited YEARS to be approved and migrate to the US. And they are from Mexico. There is a way to do it, but it takes time and patience. I have no sympathy for those that arent cirizens of this country and feel as though they have a right to be here. I can't walk into your house, set up a tent to live, and refuse to leave because I "Have a right to be there" NO its your home... IMO
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I feel the way i do about illegal aliens because they are taking advantage of our country. Now, i'm a relatively "new" Christian, so i dont know the bible as well as i wish i did, but explain a bit to me about "us" becoming residents of Egypt. Did we break their laws?
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The Egyptians orginially welcomed Joseph's family to live with them. They were not considered illegal; the king invited them to remain in Egypt. It was only after many generations were the Hebrews seen as a threat and were then oppressed.

It was a completely different situation to what we are dealing with now. People are coming here ILLEGALLY. No one who has the authority to do so is inviting them to come here and stay. So your cherry-picked verses don't apply.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• delilah, do you even know why Joseph was in Egypt? Do you know how his brothers happened to find him there?
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• May, sorry I did not know that coming for a better life was any different! It is the same I am so sorry you people are so closed minded of you own words!

Ah, such words of wisdom from someone living on the government teat.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Are you claiming Joseph was an illegal alien?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010