What should I buy to clean my sofa?

My mother just gave me a really pretty sofa that she claims to buy from a friend, and my sister also used it for a while so I want to make sure it is clean since I have a baby that I sometimes play with on it. What should I use that I can get from the store that works really good? Where?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Walmart has this thing that sprays and also has a brush built in. I used it on my couch and it changed color! (good thing) Just go and ask an associate.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 7:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• i got some resolve spray multifabric and used it on a coffee stain on my diaper bag. it worked pretty well. when i got my sister's pack n play, i mixed a tad bit of dreft and water in a spray bottle and that worked too. you can get both at the grocery store. the dreft solution just required more rinsing.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Well, I invested in a Little Green Machine from Bissell, but that's because I have pets, too. I love that thing!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I would just vacuum it thoroughly and maybe use something on any obviously dirty spots. Depends on the fabric too. Febreze makes a spray with antibacterial in it if that's what you're worried about even though the couch looks clean? I use that on our mattresses. I'd think about what you use though as my little one put her mouth on EVERYTHING and I didn't want her licking febreze or lysol. Maybe treat it, let it dry thoroughly, then vacuum it again? before letting the baby play on it.
    MRiverson

Answer by MRiverson at 3:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2008