Trying to conceive... But when is the best time

Hi Im 21 and was on depo feb and April so not that long and my period just came and got back to normal it started Friday and I'm kinda still on it when would be the best time to conceive after it leaves somebody told me 7 days after my period ends

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• just before two weeks.....but there is a good chance that you may still not be able to concieve because of the shot it can last 9 months or more.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Check out natural family plannning methods. Through charting you can find out when you are ovulating (not all of us are on a 28 day cycle). Generally you want to have sex a few days before and after you ovulate. Charting when tell you when that is.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 5:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I've heard that then I've heard it all depends on how long you've been on it I only had two shots and also 2 of my friends got pregnant right after stopping and they were on it longer than me I've been eating healthy and drinking lots of water I think everybodys body is different but I'm gonna try and see what happens I've been pregnant twice so I know I'm fertile and I took a ovulation test and fertility test and they came back good. I go to the doctor 2morrow so I'll find out what's going on with my body now
    sweetytweety001

Answer by sweetytweety001 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I've never used a chart before but I'll start now when do you usually ovulate though or should I say how do you know your ovulating
    sweetytweety001

Answer by sweetytweety001 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• the best time to conceive is when neither of you are stressed out. if you've been stressed out it will throw your body out of whack. i tried and tried to conceive but it just wasn't happening, then right after i quit trying to, it happened. it can be very stressful trying and failing to conceive, try meditating and de-stressing yourself, as well as your partner. it worked for me and my (now ex) fiance. if you go by the ovulation chart, you ovulate between the 9th and 11th day after, but most on the 10th day after the last day of your menstrual cycle. hope this helps, and good luck!
    kconnolly90

Answer by kconnolly90 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yes your absolutley right about stress it seems like before i was pregnant right away im not gonna stress it im just gonna let it happen i feel like im putting to much thought into it. If this is so called me period coming back it started friday but really saturday i charted it and they said i should be ovulating the 15th of october so we will see... but im definetly taking your advice. Thanks I appreciate that alot.
    sweetytweety001

Answer by sweetytweety001 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Everyone's body is different and ovulation could be right in the middle between periods, a week before or after, or even during. Ex. With my first I conceived right in the middle. With this pregnancy I conceived while on my period.

keep trying, but if you would like to track it better go to your local drug store and next to the pregnancy tests they often sell fertility or ovulation tests.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Ok I definetly will do that thanks so much
    sweetytweety001

Answer by sweetytweety001 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• After your period stops you will be dry for about 4 days, no discharge. Then you will start to notice some discharge, this is when fertility is starting show itself. You will have this discharge for 7-10 days, in this time you will notice a discharge that is a mucus, very much like egg white. It will hold a stretch if you were to put it between your fingers and pull it apart. This is when you are fertile. Try reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I believe you can download a free version online.
    DawnDietz777

Answer by DawnDietz777 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree with PP - or just have sex every other day - very likely to hit the cycle and have fun at the same time!
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 4:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2010