Have you ever been in trouble with neo-nazis?

I'm watching something on National Gepgraphic right now and it is just creepy. All these neo-nazi groups and Klu Klux Klan wackos ... *shiver*
It's scary to think that I could walk right into a group like that, live amongst them and be accepted just because of the fact I'm German. Which is just as stupid as stupid as hating somebody because he/ she is from Mexico or Ghana.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am biracial and almost got curb stomped by skinheads.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Can't say I've ever met one.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I live in the deep south and have never met a "neo-nazi"...how ever I have met some seriously racist black people associated with the black panthers.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have never come across any. Like, hobbitswife, I have met more racist black people than any other race of people.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The skinheads and white nationalists that I've met ("neo-nazis" and "white supremacists" being media sensationalist terms) have not been the types to just attack someone because of their race. A lot of them (gang members) defend their neighborhoods from minority crime (keeping their area safer for random passers-by of any color), and none that I've met have been the type I always hear about on TV. I'm sure they exist (prison cells, etc) but they just aren't that prevalent.

On the other hand, if you happen to find yourself in the wrong black gang-run neighborhood and you happen to not be black, you CAN get shot just for that fact.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 6:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The KKK has an enormous membership of about 5,000. You have a better chance of being struck by lightning than meeting one of them. Now, the skinheads aren't prominent in the south. I've never met one of them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We had next door neighbors who were skinheads. Their nasty pit bull scared my wuss dog away but their other pit was sweet.

We felt so awful for their landlady. Very sweet Philipino woman who had to repaint over the swastikas, replace all of the inside doors and a bunch of other work after she finally evicted them for bouncing their deposit check. Sure made me wary of ever owning rental property.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• When I was in high school we lived in Southwestern VA and I met a group of skinheads. Their mentality and concept of 'reality'~ WAY OFF...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No experience with NNs, SHs or KKK members.

Our neighbors are laid back old hippies and immigrants from south of the border, Japan, Korea and Europe. And everyone gets along, amazing-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Nope, don't have any groups of those around here.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010