Did you get married the way you wanted to?

I didnt. My husband and I knew we wouldnt be able to save the money up and we wouldnt get any help from our families. So we basiclly went away one weekend and eloped with some close family & friends attending. Not at all what we wanted and we regret it everyday.

s_harden

Asked by s_harden at 5:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No. But we are planning on renewing our vows for our 10 year anni, and having our dream wedding then.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i didn't either but i married the man i love.... i don't regert it not one bit cause you can always renew vows the way you want it the next time around... and we are going to be renewing our for our 5th year and the great thing is that our son will be there too.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No.

We had this HUGE huge.. 3 day long combo SIkh/Hindu wedding (which the 2 are very similar anyway.. lol)...

I just wanted a quickie JP wedding.. But nope..That was not to be had.. We did the whole long drawn out traditional shebang... lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, but after over 21 years - it doesn't matter because I married the MAN that I wanted and I love him more than ever.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• sure did!

Answer by older at 5:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Eh, it was what worked at the time. My mother talked us in to having a small family wedding in the park. It was nice, it was fine. We had a beautiful day and everything went ok. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would elope. I wish that's what we had done. It's not a big deal though, all these years later. I personally think that weddings are such a small, almost insignificant part of a marriage that it's not something that really matters down the road.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes, on the spirit of philadelphia
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 6:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• NO! I got married in a church with all the fixings :( I wanted to go to the courthouse, it would have been a lot cheaper on my parents.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes we did ... We planned it and saved for it it was fantastic!!!
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You regret it every day? Man you need more things to fill your day. I did in fact get married the way I wanted but honestly I don't think about it every day. Do this when you have been married a little while go to the beach or mountains and re-new your vows. Wear a pretty white dress and do it right. Invite your family and friends and don't expect too many presents.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010