What kind of snacks do you bring for preschool?

I'm supposed to be bringing snacks for my daughter's class this week, but having a hard time deciding what to get. The teacher said no PBJ or bananas (random) because the kids "don't like them"...okay, wasn't planning on either of those anyway. Haha. But other than that, I'm stumped. I asked DD what she eats for snacks and she said "fish crackers". I asked what else and she said "Just fish crackers". LOL I guess most parents don't think too far out of the box then...

What would you bring for a class of 15 kids? (Also, I thought since they normally get stuck with dixie cups of water, I'd bring small juice boxes? Would you be opposed to that as a parent or teacher? They're organic 100% apple grape juice, just 4-oz boxes...)

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 5:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We take turns bringing snacks for preschool too. I try to bring healthy snacks, like grapes or baby carrots. But i see crackers and cheese, pudding cups, fruit cups, things like that.

And we all brought a couple of the 32oz juice bottles when school started so they already have juice there, but i dont see why anyone would object to you taking juice boxes?
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My sons pk each kid brings thier own snack but here are a list of things my son likes to take.
    1. fruit cups
    2. apple sauce
    3. vegies with dip
    4. pretzel sticks
    I wouldnt be apposed to the juice boxes a long as the snack wasnt something sweet
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I have a bunch of carrot sticks and a few big bags of popcorn...do you think that would go over well? The popcorn has a little cheese flavoring so it's probably not the healthiest but I figured kids would love it. :-/ Haha
    aliceryannesmom

Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Teddy Grahams always went over well too.
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I always bring a veggie or fruit, somethinglike crackers, and treat. I also bring bottles of Juicy Juice b/c that way there is juice at preschool.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I made these Smart Bars and added mini chocolate chips.  Most of the kids liked them and they are very nutritious.

solamama

Answer by solamama at 8:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The last couple of times, I cut up bananas and brought grapes and sliced apples. Kids loved it. My daughter's Kinder. class, I brought cheese sticks, grapes, watermelon, pretzels, celery, carrots & dip.

A fun (but not as healthy) snack one mom did...she brought small flower planters, one for each kid. They made "dirt" from crushed Oreos, and added gummi worms, and rocks (can't remember what she used for rocks though). But the kids got to make their own dirt.

Next snack day....I'm making blue jello, and before it sets, I'm adding little gummy fish. When it's ready to serve, it looks like fish swimming in water. And you can get the jello and fish in sugar-free.
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 1:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• graham crackers, apples, applesauce cups, pudding cups, cheerios cereal, pretzals, baby carrots, teddy graham crackers,
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We just did snack yesterday and my little one brought in Pirate Booty which as far as snacks go is great for you all the kids called it white cheetos. I never thought that deciding on something would be so hard.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010