Inexpensive Ideas for Halloween Party?

I am throwing a halloween party for my Mommy group. I am expecting between 30 to 50 toddlers (3 years to 18months). Due to high numbers and low amount of members who have paid their dues my budget is super tight. I would appreciate any low or no cost ideas you have for decorations, crafts, and games. Thanks

FuzNet

Asked by FuzNet at 5:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Only invite the Moms who have paid their dues. Put out a notice to that effect. Any mom who brings her account up to date will be invites. craft ideas get black construction paper and white kids paint have each child step in or get foot painted place on black paper turn upside down you have a "foot ghost" when dry add googly eyes. do the same with hands cut around hand print glue heel of hands together, you have a spider the thumbs become the 'fangs" again add googly eyes when dry. take small styrofoam balls and about 6 white kleenex tissues and glue to ball to make a ghost glue a ribbon or fishing twine to the top another ghost! add googly eyes. get a bunch of white T-shirts wash them first . tie off a bunch of circles (for tie dyeing) dye in orange dye. follow directions . when dry paint pumpkins inside each circle ( I have a pic on my CM homepage of my son wearing a shirt like this) they are very cute

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Plain spaghetti for worms! Oh, that really gets them. If they still sell streamers...black and orange of course. Decorations you make out of construction paper. No need to be fancy for little ones, they will have a blast as is.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 5:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Let everyone bring a dish to keep cost down. Spend the dues on decro and suchs.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Its already a potluck. I need craft and game ideas.
    FuzNet

Comment by FuzNet (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• game ideas......... have a huge tree (drawn on paper) no leaves on it have each child put a leaf on the tree ( like pin the tail on the donkey) all kids "win" becasue trees have tons of leaves and if the miss it just looks like the leaf is falling from the tree.
    Do a witch hat ring toss, buy 2 witches hats and some styrofoam rings wrap rings in halloween ribbon and play ring toss
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• oh and the kids can do finger painting as well. I like to take choc pudding (make according to package) and vanilla pudding color it to make what ever color you want for halloween color it orange give each child a scoop to finger paint with . Its okay of they eat it becasue its pudding great for little ones
    You can look up online kool-aid clay this is also made with all food (edible) products you buy the kool aid for the color not the flavor you could buy orange and purple
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 5, 2010