Gift ideas for in-laws, PLEASE!

My in-laws are SO difficult to buy for. My MIL doesn't like anything that smells nice or is pretty for its own sake. And my FIL is an intensely practical and busy man. They are in their 70s. Any ideas of what may suit them???? They are long overdue a few gifts.

Thanks!

joyfulily

Asked by joyfulily at 5:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• I would do a gift card for a nice dinner. If I were going to actually buy my inlaws things...hahahaha!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Music from their era? favorite movies? Books? Family pictures in nice frame? scrapbook of time spent together? Nice bottle of wine? Basket of fruit?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'd say a gift card to a nice restaurant. My DD got us tickets to a nice play and we loved it. Movie tickets, bec they are so expensive that's always what I like to get. Can you fix a nice basket of things she likes like tea or coffee, etc. picture frames if you have kids w/grandmom or granddad on them . If he drinks a nice bottle of wine or something like that. Good luck.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• maybe something personal, such as a photo album with pics of them in their younger days.
    good luck!
    racingirl

Answer by racingirl at 8:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Maybe year passes to somewhere interesting, theater tickets, fruit of the month club, Snuggies (jk), giftcards to somewhere they like to shop at.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 9:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010