Any at home remedies I can give my child?

My 9 yr old has been back and forth to the doctor specialist and ER. They claimed she had a UTI. She has been complaining of her stomach hurting only on her right side. Turns out she doesnt have a UTI but still has the bad pains in her stomach. So after talking to her I htink it might be her bowel movements. She used to go on a regular basis and doesnt anymore. So I think it may be this. Not quite sure though. So here is my question is there anything I can do for her to help her go more often without doping her up. The doctors and ER doctors have put her on meds she didnt even need so I dont want them to prescribe something else again and want to see if I can give her something at home to make her go. Any suggestions???

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• I would use Flax seed, there is no taste and you can just sprinkle it on her food, while making it...I give to my own children it has really helped keep them on the right track...hope this helps with your question.
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If youthink she is constipated you could give her fruit smoothies. Blend up blue berries and strawberries and other fruit she likes with some juice in a blender. Give her a stool softener. make sure she drinks plenty of water and eats fruits and veggies everyday. monitor how much bread and cheese she eats. My dd eats a pear every day and stays regular. Stool softener is just temporary to make the first passing easier. After that maintain regularity with diet.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• is it the right side under the ribs or in the belly area?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• its near the kidney area but its not her kidneys. Already had an ultrasound done on her. thanks ria7 for the info
    jbond83

Comment by jbond83 (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Been there. Remove gluten from her diet. Give her a daily probiotic like Align or Sustenex to get her gut back on track.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010