does cafe mom have a moms group for medical billers from home?

I am thinking about going to school to get a certificate so that I can become a medical biller and coder. I am a stay-home-mom that is looking for home-work that I could do 24/7 not just business hours. Seems like an interesting option.

blessedwork

Asked by blessedwork at 5:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• If by "certificate" you mean one of those do at home programs from places like Stratford just be careful, most of these "schools" are not accredited and the certificate is a worthless piece of paper, no one will take it seriously and hire you....and even if it is an accredited "program" from a place like Penn Foster, it's still only a certificate, not a degree, and you'll be trying to compete with those with real degrees who are desperately trying to find work. Trying to make contacts with doctor offices trying to do their medical billing at home is nearly impossible unless you have a LOT of experience ....and hospitals have staff on the premises who do this and they don't contract the work out.

Those ads for "EARN $40,000 A YEAR WITH MEDICAL BILLING" is all hype, you waste your money and don't get anywhere.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thank you so much this is just the information I was looking from someone that has some experience in this area. Have you done your homework in this area or did you actually try it yourself? You provided a great response & I really appreciate your time.

Thanks
    Nicki
    blessedwork

Comment by blessedwork (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• id say just do a regular job without the billing. there are tons that are legit. i have a list of a few but ya most of the schools for medical billing are scams. www.earningsinabasket.info
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Medical billing and coding is becoming increasingly obsolete. Most companies are going electronic...as well for every good job there are like 100 applicants. Those that say yes, I do it from home and I make a lot of money either A: have been in it well before the recession crisis, B got REALLY lucky, C Worked IN-office before a BOSS let them work at home.

I make a FT income from home, with a business that provides a service all Americans need and deserve. THis is the BIGGEST month I have ever seen to date with this company and I have been doing it a year now. We have daily direct deposit, and work coast to coast..on my own time completely.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry no one else actually answered your question. To find a group, go to your groups tab and click on find groups. Then you can do a search for medical billing.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010