do babies go through growth spurts at 6 months ??

my baby is really fussy nothing will soothe and calm her down please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I thought it was more like every three months or less. As far as a fussy baby that could be a number of things that would cause your baby to fuss from the early stages of being ill, to teething depending upon the age, to wanting to be fed, to being overly tired, etc.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Babies can go through growth spurts any time, they usually spend more time nursing but aren't fussy. I would suspect teething with a fussy 6 mo.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I went and looked up the growth spurts in this book i got from the hospital. It says 2 weeks, 6 weeks and 3 months. but who knows maybe they go through it after that too. My baby is 5 months and hasnt went throught another one yet
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Could be. Could also be teething, upset tummy.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• it could be a lot of things. have you checked her mouth for bumps or white spots? if she has any then she's teething. if not she could be hungry,overly tired,have a belly ache,or want to be held. if she's not tired,hungry,sick,or wanting attention then it's probably teething or a growth spurt.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010