If you could ask a Mormon anything, what would you ask?

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, commonly referred to as "Mormons". I like answering questions, so ask me what you will. If you'd like to post it as an official question (so you get credits), then tell me, I'll do my best to answer you. I'm not looking for bashing here, just people who are honestly curious, have heard rumors and want to find out answers from the source. I will let you know if it's merely my opinion, or any "back up" information I can give.

Reenieredhead

Asked by Reenieredhead at 5:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just how the hell are you people so nice?? I love that LDS people are so family oriented.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• How's your day going?

That's about it................ :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• What's the most common misconception people make about Mormons? (I'm honestly curious, I'm wondering if there's something you hear people say/think aloud a lot that's very inaccurate?)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• What do you hope to gain by sending missionaries door to door and how effective is it really?
    Anonymous

• Why do some mormons wear temple garments and some do not? And what is the meaning behind them? I have always been curious but too embarassed to ask
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Ok, here's one that I'm curious about. I know quite a few Mormons (and I'm embarressed to ask them, lol). But why, when praying, do Mormons cross their arms in front of them across their chest? Most other Christians, when praying, fold their hands together. Weird question, I know, but I have never known any other Christian who does this, only Mormons.
    Anonymous

• Why is it when scripture specifically says not to add to or take away from the Bible, the book of mormon is defying the scripture? Not saying that in a mean way, but it is adding to Scripture when it is not suppose to. Thanks
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 5:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Hows the weather for you?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Why can't a woman be a Bishop in your church?
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Why hasn't your church's tax exempt status been revoked since the church was so heavily involved in passing Prop 8 in California?
    Anonymous