My child is so sensitive and angry all the time?

My son is 8 years old and sometimes Im afraid on how I approach him when he does something wrong he gets so upset and mad, kicks the wall has a screaming tantrum and cries and I don t know what to do, I dont know where this anger is coming from or what to do any advice?

Kimmma

Asked by Kimmma at 5:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Do you think he is trying to act up to make you leave him alone? He may be real smart. Stay calm and stand your ground now. You may need the help of a professional.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My 8 year old has also been really emotional lately. I am just trying to talk to him rationally but let him know that there will be consequences for all of his actions. I've also been giving him alot of praise when I see positive behavior.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• He loves baseball and he plays because he s great at it and he needs that confidence cause at school he struggles even during a game he asked his dad where to go on the field and his dad yelled at him he kicked him and pouted in the dug out and would not play and go out to the outfield he never acted this way up until this past year
    Kimmma

Comment by Kimmma (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I am not sure...but I wouldnt let it control how I disciplined him or said things to him. He needs to learn how to live life, and part of that is learning how to control anger. Maybe some karate lessons to get anger out and learn control. ?? Just a suggestion.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Have you noticed his temperament changing after meals or eating certain foods? Take him to an allergist. Ask for a food panel rast test for IgG antibodies. He may have food sensitvities. My son used to be the same way. It was like walking on eggshells. Then we found out he is highly sensitive (but not allergic) to eggs, dairy, soy & wheat. We removed these items from his diet & he's a normal 10 yr old boy again.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Thanks ill keep you posted he goes to Dr today
    Kimmma

Comment by Kimmma (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think a lot of kids go through phases, if it is ongoing though, I would talk to the dr about it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010