Circumcision

Did you research circumcision before you made a decision either way??? Was it for cosmetic reasons or religious or personal beliefs?? Whats you opinion on it??

Allisonmoymoy

Asked by Allisonmoymoy at 5:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I didnt do any research on it. Had it done though.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i did it for cosmetic reasons......we never even thought about not having it done
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I researched until I couldnt read anymore from sheer exhaustion. lol

We did NOT have it done. My son is 7 and fine! Happy to be whole. :)

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My view.

To do it or not.. Is strictlly up to parental choice. Every parent who decides which way to go, makes that decision for their own reasons.
    Parents should always research any medical procedure they are considering having done to or for their child.

My son is intact due to religious and cultural beliefs.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I'm from Europe... so no, we never would. Why on earth would you just cut off parts of your child for no valid medical reason?
    What 'cosmetic' reason is there?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I did not do research on it at first but I wanted it done but because he was a premie they would not do it until he left the NICU. So I talked to my Pedi about it after he was out and he said that it was not really necessary to do but if we wanted to we could but we would have to wait until he was over a year old because he was too old for them to do just "snip" it off because the skin had gotten thicker and he would need to be put under for it. I decided that it was not worth it.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Oh HI piskie....always wanted to talk to you progressive European thinkers...lol....I think I must have come from there....hahaha! Most men from Europe are intact, correct. They find it odd to circ' right?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• uncircumsized penis's are quite funny looking, and are generally a joke among the ladies. I am not gonna have my son get laughed at, say what u will, but u know its true!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• perhaps it is just american women....I would think different if things were the other way around!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• perhaps it is just american women.

Perhaps its just shallow thinking women who dont know what a real penis looks like. So what do the women you talk to do, sit around like 13 year old girls and giggle?

Kids get made fun of all the time for a million reasons. ARe you gonna "fix" all of them for him. ?
    Anonymous