My sister is 39 weeks pregnant. Her doctor does not want her going past 40 weeks because of her prior c-section and offered to schedule a c-section for today but my sister REALLY wants to have a VBAC.
Her doctor told her that her other option is to come into the hospital Friday night and have her water broken. Then have her walk around to get contractions started.
She really wants to go on her own, and we know she could just choose not to show up to the appointment but she also doesn't want to put herself at risk for a uterine rupture by waiting to long and end up with a c-section anyways.
Is there anything we can do to get labor going OR anything we can do to make a VBAC more likely to be sucessful if they do end up breaking her water on friday?
***SEX IS NOT AN OPTION...Her DH left her when she was 7 months pregnant.
Thanks in advance.
Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy
Answer by matthewscandi at 6:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010
Answer by Ati_13 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010
Answer by marchar2002 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010
Answer by musicpisces at 11:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010