What would you do if your husband wanted to stop having a legitimate business? adult content

My husband is depressed. He said he's tired of trying to have the American dream and not getting there due to economy, government red tape, taxes, fees, and well life. He's not happy with our comfortable family life and wants us to be millionares but he doesn't have the knowledge to get us there. I'm total opposite. I'm happy with what we've got. He wants to stop working labor intensive jobs and go into something illegal that makes a ton of money. Is he crazy? Just who the hell did I marry? What am I supposed to do? I have two 1/2 year old and one on the way. We own a business that I run and I take college courses; like I need this stress right now! Anyone got any advice. He's really serious.

LisaNSienna

Asked by LisaNSienna at 6:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• See if Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University is being offered in your area. It would be really good for your husband I think. It really helps to put things in perspective and give you the know how to have financial freedom. Being a millionaire doesn't happen overnight and I think he would be much more proud of himself if he did it honestly.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• He needs to get help or you need to run! I hope he comes to his senses! Sorry for you! Maybe he is just stress about taking care of his family and needs to talk or let of steam. I know my hubby gets stressed about money when we have one on the way .. like now :) but he hasn't crossed that line. Hugs
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• He's crazy! Maybe he is just depressed and needs some help.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Not worth it- trust me
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• wow you have so much going on in your life but that what going on in his head ,how can he make life better for you and the kids ,his way of think is the wrong way but he does not no that yet he needs to talk to a doctor about everthing that he thinking ,he needs the help and so do you ,there might not be pot of gold end of the rainbow there is light and hope ,so go for that ,
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 7:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thanks for the advice and real feedback instead of bashing. I appreciate that. I'm trying to get him to talk to someone but he just says that will cost money too. Ugh!
    LisaNSienna

Comment by LisaNSienna (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• does your school offer couples counceling? you might be able to sneak in under that. Also, just tell him that you cannot and will not allow your children to grow up with a father that does things like that. So if he does, you leave, and legally you would have to tell the police about his activities or risk both of you going to jail and having no one there to raise your children. GL
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• sorry, but if he wants to do things that are illegial, I'd give him the boot.
    you could get in trouble too, and what if they took your kids?

I'd tell him he needs to have his mid-life crisis someplace where it won't put you and your kids in danger!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I definitely will not allow him to stay here if he decides to begin an adventure such as that. I am a Christian and I have strong morals which is why I'm so confused about his not understanding my reasons for not supporting his views. It's not like I hid that fact when we were dating. My kids are more important to me than him and he knows that. I'd rather be a single mom trying to make it on my own than have him and do activities that risk it all. I wish he'd get professional advice.
    I bet he would listen to Donald Trump or someone. Anyone know how to get a millionaire to give a pep talk directly to my husband?
    LisaNSienna

Comment by LisaNSienna (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010