WHY DO YOU DELETE COMMENTS FROM YOUR JOURNAL POSTS?

Can those of you who do this answer this question.......with honesty and a straight face?

Many times, comments are deleted from a journal by the OP. Why is that?

Deleting comments that are filled with cussing, racist remarks, pure evil/hateful remarks and the like are not what I am referring to.

I am referring to a difference of opinion.

What is really humorous are those of you who delete comments and proceed as if no one has answered any questions you may have asked, or that no one cares enough to answer. Why is that?

If you do not want the whole of CM to see your journal, do not post it for CM to see. Make sure you hit that 'friends only' button.

FromAtoZ

Asked by FromAtoZ at 3:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I COULD NOT AGREE ANYMORE!!! SERIOUSLY. I DONT GET IT EITHER!!!
    Anonymous

• No one ever seems to leave any comments on my journal posts. I've deleted my posts that have been sitting there without comments.I guess my personal business is boring as no one really has anything to say about it. I don't have comments to delete so I can't answer this question accurately but it sounds like you have your own opinion as to what the answer to your question is anyway. I can't imagine there would be any other reason...you pretty much nailed it in your post.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• LOL, I think I know who you're talking about (Obama = the Anti Christ??) I saw the original journal post and some of your comments. If I'm wrong, then I apologize and maybe you're talking about someone else.
    In any case, I don't have an answer for your question but I agree with you 100%. Why post a journal for everyone to see (especially on such a subject) and then pick and choose which comments you want to keep? I think maybe that poster has some growing up to do.
    Anonymous

• I deleted a comment on my journal once when the lady called me a bitch...I don't care its my journal and I didn't want a comment calling me a bitch on it. Maybe if she hadn't called me a name I would have kept it on there though....
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Sometimes I post for the whole cafe because there are people who aren't my friends but think in the same aspects. It depends on my mood and how annoying the person commenting is being. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for hearing other opinions. But sometimes I leave the annoying or rude comments up for entertainment. It just depends on the whole situation as a whole. Sometimes I leave opposing opinions up if I feel like debating. Most of the time I don't feel like debating. I just feel like writing my thoughts. And the last couple of months, I've stayed out of the debates and journals I oppose.
    PorcelainMom81

Answer by PorcelainMom81 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• ...(FINISHING MY THOUGHT SINCE IT DOESNT ALLOW IT ALL)....

I've learned that it takes up to much of my time, it's exhausting, and it's just not worth it. It's exhausting to argue back and forth or watch others argue in my posts. And it's very time consuming. I learned that I can easily get wrapped up in a debate and forget that life still exists all around me. It takes less stress and time to just delete the comments.
    PorcelainMom81

• I have never deleted any responses to my journals and the only reason i could imagine i would is if they were rude or hateful. other than that the whole point of putting up a journal is for people to read and respond to so i dont get the whole deleting responses of differing opinion thats just seems a little off kilter to me. jmo
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I would only if they were rude, hateful, or just uncalled for. But I keep my journals to my freinds, so I do not expect that to happen
    MamaScorpio88

Answer by MamaScorpio88 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Anon 2:09pm. That is was got me really wondering why so many people do this. When you (general) are trying to make a statement or get your point across you should state that is all you are doing. State you do not wish to have any opposing comments on your journal. At least then you would have an excuse. Otherwise, any thing you have to say means nothing. If you cannot back yourself up you should not step up to the plate.

FromAtoZ

Answer by FromAtoZ at 9:22 PM on Oct. 24, 2008