when i can get my son to sleep he likes it when i cover his face with a blanket, thats the only way i can get him to sleep, is this bad? should i not do that?

i dont put it tight on his face or anything i make it kinda like a tent over his face so its not smothering him but its the only way i can get him to sleep! i thought it was because it made it dark but even if we are in the dark he wants the blanket over his face... maybe its the heat he likes... i dunno i am a new mommy lookin for help!

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• As long as you take it off his face after he is good and asleep I don't see any problem with it. Just don't leave it on all night or anything.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My son loves this too. He wants me to toss a blanket over his whole body, head and all and he is almost 2 and we have had no issues.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i never leave it on his face all night most of the time he will pull it down himself but i check on him very often to make sure he is ok
    lilae86

Comment by lilae86 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You can try getting one of those mini blankets that have a stuffed animal head on them. They sell them at Wal-Mart, Target..anywhere baby stuff is sold. My son has a Mickey Mouse one and loves it. I like it because I don`t have to worry about him smothering himself while asleep with it.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My middle daughter was/is like that.  Ever since she was a newborn she has slept with a receiving blanket over her face.  If you removed it even after she was sound asleep she would immediately wake up and scream until you put it back.  I learned to just let her be.

She's almost 8 and still sleeps with a blanket over her head but now it's her fleece blanket.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010