How do you make a large shopping trip with a 3 and a 5?

I do bargain shopping, admatching, coupons, etc., so I need to concentrate! They are good kids, but they complain and whine and trying to get them to help becomes a fit no matter how I spin it!

fohtrae

Asked by fohtrae at 6:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't. I only shop when DH can be home with the kids. I will only take both if I have 10 or less things to buy. Sometimes I will take ONE of them with me for a big shop, but never, ever both.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I always get mine a snack, like at the target food place.. and my 3 and 5 year old sit in the cart and eat popcorn.. my 1 yr old is just perfect and sits there! but when im grocery shoppings.. its always a nightmare! My hubby comes along with.. w/o him id strugglE! i try to do coupons and such.. but i know my focus is never on that completely because its on the girls... try packing "goodie bags" for them? good luck!
    vvlinley21

Answer by vvlinley21 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I always make sure my kids have a snack, and a drink... And I always have small toys or their gameboys in my purse. They can sit in the cart or stand with me and play without fussing to much and making my brain spin

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I make sure they are rested and have had a snack. There have been times when they did not get their snack so I will buy a bag of crackers through the self check out before I begin so they can snack on it while we shop. I haven't had to take them with me in a long time. I did when my husband was deployed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010