I am curious about Attachement Parenting

...any thoughts? (FRIENDLY DISCUSSION PLEASE)

AugustMidge

Asked by AugustMidge at 6:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I attachment parent. I love it. It makes my babies feel safe and comforted and it still allows for me to get stuff done. I have never had the heart to let my tiny babies cry, so they don't. Instead I wear them, nurse them as often as they need and share sleep... it makes everything easier on me, because my babies are born (like most babies are) not liking to be put down. And I feel like it respects babies as individuals with emotions and needs rather than seeing them more as inconveniences.

It's not always easy, but then, no parenting style is. It's what works best for me and my kiddos :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I've found that in our parenting style, we do a little of this, a little of that. We probably have more of an attachment parenting style than any other style. I breastfeed and am continuing past 1 year, nurse on demand. I babywear a little, but not a lot. If we were to have a second baby, I would definitely babywear a lot more, just because it seems a lot easier when you have an older child. We started out with the crib in our bedroom, then around 3 months we started cosleeping just in the early morning, then slowly we started cosleeping more and more and now we don't even bother with the crib at all.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2010