Is it too objective to dress your 4 yr old up as Marilyn Monroe for Halloween?

If you saw a little 4 yr old girl trick or treating as marilyn monroe would you think oh thats so cute, or wow, her mom really did that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think as long as the child is ok with it, why not? It is Halloween, after all. If my child asked to be anything, I would consider giving it a whirl.
    MizTaba

Answer by MizTaba at 7:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would think it's super cute... But I'm a huge Marilyn fan!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• wow that is so cool mom i would go for it
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 7:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well, Marilyn Monroe is best known for being a sex object ... so not objective but objectifying, yes. What is the purpose of sexualizing a 4 year old child? It's simply not age appropriate.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 8:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• "wow, her mom really did that?" Not only do I find it inappropriate, I also think that at the age of 4 a child could have the pleasure of choosing, with guidance (not the imposition of people/characters that they do not know or understand), their own costume.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 8:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No, not cute.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010