Is it considered terrible to become pregnant while living with the in-law(s)?

MizTaba

Asked by MizTaba at 6:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't see why? you would have permanent baby sitters, I know I would be thrilled as the in law.

Answer by older at 7:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think it depends on the in-laws and the situation. If they are comfortable with it, it won't be a burden on them space wise and for their budget, then it's no one's business but those of you who live in the house. If it causes your in laws financial hardship, or there just isn't space for it, or they for any reason just aren't comfortable, then it would be very unfair. After all, it is their home.

To be honest the only people who matter are the people who live in the home!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I just wasn't sure if it would be considered 'rude' to bring new 'occupants' into someone else's household, altho the bad thing would be spoiling the child lol. I was looking for advice since right now the only thing stopping me from becoming a mommy (within my control) was that we do not have a home of our own right now. Thanx for the input!!
    MizTaba

Comment by MizTaba (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• depends on what the reason you are living with them for! If its to save money.. children are Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpensiveeee!!
    vvlinley21

Answer by vvlinley21 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If they are okay with it, I guess it's not a big deal. But if you are trying to have a baby and don't know how you will support it, that would be a whole other thing.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would say that it depends on the situation. If your in laws wouldnt mind another kid, and in the future you will be able to support your own kids on your own, then its cool. Have a plan to be on your own. But if your inlaws are against the idea, and do not want another baby in the house, you need to respect their wishes. You are living under THEIR roof, so they should have a say. They are trying to help you out, and to do that against their wishes isnt cool. It is one more mouth to feed, and with this economy, some cannot afford that one more. JMHO
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• If you are planning on not spending the rest of your life living there, than no, it is not rude. I would think that you and your DH have been working on getting a place of your own, so I would assume you would be moved out by the time you had the baby.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Its Not rude. But I would think VERY hard about it bc you will probably run into some issues with how to raise YOUR child??
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010