PLEASE no one bashing. i have a serious question about cocaine, thank you.

I used to do cocaine, but ive been clean for over a year now. I did it for only 6 months about, but I would do a LOT a day. I wouldn't sleep for a few days from it and i would do about 2 8balls a day. Well i quit, and havent touched it since, i decided to get away and move cities to a new one wher ei was away from the people i ws doing it with etc. I havent touched it since. :) My question is, for anyone that knows. How often do you have to do cocaine for it to take an effect on your nose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Health

• CONT...
    Even over a year later, i get this white stuff compacted on the inside cartilidge part of my nose. When i was doing it, i remember i would pick at that and i would "strip" my nose of its natural and normal oils and membranes (LITERALLY). Lately, it seems to be getting worse though, lots of gross boogers and that white stuff, and what seems to be dried blood and little cuts throughout my nose.

Can anyone answer my question? how long does it take for cocaine to effect your nose? and can it still be doing these things after over a year?? Thanks to everyone :)

Anonymous

• u can do it once and have it mess up ur nose
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My husband had a cocaine addiction when he was younger and has been clean for over three years, but he still has some sinus issues for sure. I'm not sure of any exact statistics or answers to your question, but I definitely think it's possible for those types of things still to be happening after quite a long period of time. After all, cocaine usage is hard on your body in so many ways....there are definitely long term effects from usage.
    Anonymous

• I mean to the effect of what MY nose is doing, after so long. I know it can mess up your nose after one time. And is what my nose is doing an effect from the cocaine or is it just something else.
    Anonymous

• If you were doing alot of it then im sure its had a effect on your nose. Congrats for being clean for a year though. Its hard to quit so good for you. I would go see your doctor if your still having some issues with your nose. Im sure its had some effects that you arnt going to be able to change but he may no more.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• congrads on stop doing cocaine,,the only thing I can say is let a doctor look at it..It might go away with meds ..good luck

Answer by louise2 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Go see an ENT doctor to get a professional opinion. He will likely be able to give the answers you are looking for and tell you if you have permanent damage, if it can be healed and if you have any other condition that can be treated. Why suffer?
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• oh it could definitely be doing that (i worked in rehab for a few years). Congrats to you for getting and staying clean!! Please go to an ENT and let them see, or at least a regular primary care dr. to refer you, because it could leave you prone to some serious infections. You deserve it!! I know they have some treatments but not sure the details of it all.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yeah my husband did it for a few yrs on and off and now hasn't for 1-2yrs. He was after that had stuff for months comming out and sometimes big stuff, he snored and now he barley snores at all and we can finally sleep in the same room. Your nose will never be the same for a long time
    Anonymous