weird small pimples on my 1-month old

my 1-month old son's skin has started breaking out. his face actually... nose, cheeks and forehead. i specifically make sure no one kisses him on his face as i first though they were caused due to that.
they are not exactly huge pimple or acne we or teenagers have.. they look like pimples but really small in size. look like tiny red dots. whats causing them ??

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has these too. My Dr told me this was normal and called it baby acne. My mom pointed out that I was breaking out as well, and since I was breast feeding at the time it could be the hormones. Not sure how true that is, but I recently stopped breast feeding and they have gone down a lot. It never hurts to ask the dr if you are worried about it. That what we did because we thought he might be alergic to something.
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• don't pop them lol. My kids had them and they are only formula bumps I think it was called. Anywho if you pop them, it can make a crater or a small hole on the baby's face. Try using a wipe on his face, or some eczema cream. But if it really does concern you, then go to your pediatrician, cause I am not a doctor lol. But it is fine for your family to hold and kiss the baby still lol
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• my son got some pimples. they were from my milk because of the hormones and all. But they went away on their own. When he got a bath I just rinsed his face with water!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i should have written "bumps" not pimples.
    Owl_Feather

• Sounds like baby acne to me. It should go away on its own.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sounds like baby acne. It's from the hormones leftover in babies system after birth. All the hormones came from Mama's body during the time baby was in the womb and once they work their way out of baby's system the pimples will be gone. Don't pop them as they can get infected or leave scarring, just wash with a wet washcloth and let them be and they will disappear in a couple of weeks. It's funny- we think of perfect little baby skin and then we get baby acne and cradle cap, etc. But it really will clear up on its own and quickly.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 7:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It's normal, its just baby acne. :) no worries
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• it sounds like a milk rash. do you bottle feed? my son got these because he would spit up in his sleep and the formula would get on his face causing a rash. they went away as soon as i gave him his bath. if that's not it could be baby acne. i don't think there is any cure for that. the acne goes away on it's own.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sounds like baby acne, very common and no big deal. They will go away on their own :-)
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010