Has anyone ever use depo birthcontrol and had some health problems?

I used depo only once and I have until now many problems hairloss tendernes on my head.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• yes, I bled for two months and had to go in and get an IV due to loss of fluids. I gained a ton of weight, and got really depressed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I havent personally, but my friend ended up with high blood pressure and ended up pregnant while on it. Since one of the side effects is missed periods and weight gain, she did not fid out she was pregnant until she was almost 25 weeks along. Scary stuf! Thankfully her little boy is healthy!
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I didn't have health problems, but I did conceive TWICE on the Depo shot! (and YES, I got my shots on time every time.)
    Nintendomommy

Answer by Nintendomommy at 7:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I used it for 3 yrs. Had bone loss from using it so long.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I gained a lot of weight from one dose. I went from 165 to 189 within a matter of months.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The only thing I am going to comment about depo is that once it is in your system, it is for 3 months. If you have side effects, you can stop taking it until the three months are up. Whereas with pill, if you have side effects, you can stop that same day. Hope this helps!

Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 8:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I took this shot many year ago and it just made me feel bloated and then I gained waterweight from this too so I quit taking the shots
    tulip70

Answer by tulip70 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I was on it for 4.5yrs, had no period for 5yrs. First period back was 50days long, and have been HIGHLY irregular ever since, I usually get them about every 1-2wks and they last about 1wk. I'm finally going to the doctors on Tuesday to see what's going on...While I was actually on it, I didn't seem to have any problems...just didn't have my period, which was normal, I did notice a lack of sex drive also
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 10:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It killed my metabolism. I gained weight, my hair was falling out, etc. Lesson learned. I did not have a period, but I did not like what it did to my body.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 11:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010