Do you think "un" believers in god do so to make him not exist to others?

I just read something someone said along the lines of

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't believe in God, but I don't do it to make him nonexistent to others. I do it because I just don't believe. I could sit and not believe in him every single day for the rest of my life and it's never going to make him nonexistent to others. No amount of nonbelievers could make that happen.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No. If someone believes, they believe, no amount of nonbelief is going to change that... Just like the fact that most people don't believe in my Gods doesn't make them any less real to me or others who have faith in them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• That is just confusing... My head hurts. I like Sabrina's answer though!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Um no, I don't "do" it for anyone else's benefit or detriment. I simply do not believe it as it is told. It is personal, not meant as an affront to anyone else or their beliefs. The nonbelievers that try to shove their veiwpoint down everyone's throat and use the ACLU as an avenue to remove all signs of belief from view, though, seem as offensive to me as the believers who try to shove it down everyones throat and use politics to place signs of belief into everyones view. I really think people's spiritual path, by and large, is and should be personal. The loudmouths are from every sector of human existence and are just people who feel the need to be heard.
    fohtrae

Answer by fohtrae at 7:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• NO! How silly. Nobody can change your belief if it is strong.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sometimes some religious people come off as being too self-absorbed. Not everything is an attack on the Christian faith. Some people are actually capable of wanting to make their own life decisions, without even thinking for a moment how it will affect Christianity.
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 12:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sabrina is right. No amount of athiests and nonbelievers would make him "nonexistent." I am not really on good terms with him right now, but that is a personal issue lol.
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Oh puhleazze. This is just one more attempt to vilify atheists. As if I give a flying F(*& what a believer believes or not.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 10:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• And what about all the "Witnesses" and "Mormons" who bother me every damn Saturday morning?
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 10:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• "No amount of athiests and nonbelievers would make him "nonexistent.""

I agree. As doesn't god live within one's heart....not in the words of another?
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010