Marshal Arts...

I have a 3 yo and a 4 yo. My DH and I want them involved in marshal arts, but aren't sure when would be a good time to start their training. Anyone have young kids in classes? What age did you start and what style did you start them in?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hello SabrinaMBowen,

Little girls are already going to dance recital at this age. I don't see any difference for a little boy to go, as long as it is not hand to hand (just stand alone for coordination).

Best Wishes! :-)
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 7:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• 3 years old. most of the time the martial art instructor will want them to be potty trained.

reyreybella01

Answer by reyreybella01 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I was looking more for what style would be best... I know they are a good age, but there are so many styles out there and I don't know much about them. And I know if I take them in and ask they are just going to sell me whatever they are pushing at that moment rather than what is best for the kids... We're getting them in ballet as well, but that's easy to decide on...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would see if you can do a week or 2 trial at a few different places. Martial arts can be really expensive so, you'll want to find the right place for your family.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We only have 2 places around here, and I wouldn't set foot in the one... So that only leaves the other... But I still have to decide on which class to put them in... There are a few options.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I think 3 is fine
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2010