I'm interested in cloth diapering my son.........

but I don't have a clue as to where to look or even how to go about it. After a long year of dealing with disposables and the cost (around $600 in 12 months) I finally decided after his 1st bday that I want to swith to cloth for many reasons. One being of course way more cost effective and another thing is that I don't want to continue investing more money in disposables cause they have given me such a headache.

If anyone could please give some options that I can consider as far as cloth diapering and then I can go from there........Thanks much

mommie2sky

Asked by mommie2sky at 7:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I too wanted to make the change, but my daughter hated the feeling of being wet, just one pee and she felt soaked. She couldn't get used to them and we went back to disposables. While maybe there are others that made a successfull switch I just personaly felt that since i didn't start her on them she was too used to the disposables and did not like the feeling of cloth diapers at all.

I at least get the Pure and Natural Huggies....and I use her cloth diapers from swimming
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I want to start using cloth when I have my daughter in Dec. There are a few sites out there where you can get "sampler packs" of cloth diapers so you can try lots of them... I found one (which I'll have to look up) where you can rent a sampler pack and then return them... This way you get to try them without commitment and then you can just buy the style you like...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Well apparently Sears sells them lol

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/s_10153_12605_Baby_Diapering_Cloth+Diapers

but the only downside is how many times a week you will be doing laundry, which can cause your electric bill to go up lol. That is unless you plan on handwashing them lol
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Here's the link... You can try them out this way and not have to go through the buying and trying of different companies or styles... http://www.diaperdaisy.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=374

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I will say this too....if I have another I will cloth diaper from day 1
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Walmart sells em. "Birdseye flats" or "Birdseye prefolds", just buy safety pins with big plastic covers. Old-school and cheap. Gerber sells diaper covers, but they are just awful- I order the "potty patty" plastic pants from clothdiaper.com because they don't leak. My 2 year old has been cloth diapered from birth, but I've heard that starting CD on an older kid will get them potty trained faster because they don't like being wet. Definitely worth a shot, cloth diapering is alongside EBF as the most beneficial and cost-effective thing I've done for my daughter.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 11:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You should go to Babies R Us and Toys R Us for cloth diapers. Also try Cotton Babies.com
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 10:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Thanks ladies for all the helpful advice. I've started looking into my options and i'm actually gonna get something today to give it a shot on my son and (fingers crossed) hopefully it will go very well
    mommie2sky

Comment by mommie2sky (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Oct. 5, 2010