For those who think processed chicken nuggets are fine to feed the kids daily...

WHY? And does this link sway you any?

http://early-onset-of-night.tumblr.com/post/1206666159/say-hello-to-mechanically-separated-chicken-its

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 7:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Oh, I've been discussing that on a thread recently. Personally, I try to avoid chemicals as much as I can. I'm a realist, I know nowadays I cannot have a 100% chemical free diet, but if it's something I can avoid, then I'm gonna do it. So I make my own chicken nuggets for my boys, I even freeze them, breaded and all to throw them quickly in the fryer or oven when they want some. Why would anyone prefer to give their kids a bunch of chemicals with no nutrients and filled with salt and sugar is beyond me, but to each his own.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Do people actually think that's ok?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• There are plenty of brands that don't do that. If you read the bag it says white meat and rib meat only, it would be against FDA regulations to put anything else in them that the package says. Just like anything else, read your labels. There are products that are better quality. I doubt the credibility of the source myself. My kids DO eat chicken nuggets twice a week.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My husband would feed our kids Chicken nuggets 3 times a day if I would let him... Drives me nuts!

Sad part is, even by doing that he's doing 10x better for our kids than his parents did for him...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Okay Mom2Jack he says at the beginning. 'Thankfully chicken nuggets in this country are not made like this' Though mechanically separated chicken is real it doesn't leave bone and organs. The bits of mean left on the bones after the rest has been processed is forced off and the bones removed. Link Another link  Chicken nuggets aren't healthy and they may contain fillers but it's not all that. 

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• They smell awesome when cooking them, I try not to buy them, but it is an easy way out.......(feeling guilty)
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I didn't go to the link but does it show that one video with the guy showing kids how a chicken nugget is made.....the kids going "ewwwwww" and then when he says "now who wants one?" they all raise their hands and go "MEEEEEEEEEEE" Ewwwww

I have to admit Jackson has the once in awhile Happy Meal, but primarily I make nuggets with organic chicken and bread crumbs made from bread I make.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Okay your link doesn't have what i'm talking about and one poster doesn't believe it.....here...take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9B7im8aQjo&feature=related

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• LoL, okay.
    I never would have thought that. Honestly, chicken nuggets are expensive, even on sale. I make my own, easy breezy with a handful of whole grain bread crumbs, eggs, milk, and my misto. The kids love them.

I'll make a whole club pack of chicken breast worth when it's at 1.79 a lb, and freeze them on baking sheets lined with parchment. Takes like no effort. Then I put them in freezer bags. I got the idea from Robin Miller.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Sure....products from companies may use "white meat" but white meat of chickens forced to live in tight cages where they can't even stand up, they are pumped with hormones, antiboitics, and are not killed humainly....and not to mention the birds that die of diseases or are covered in feces still go through the plant and into our food.....and big names like Tyson are BIG culprits.

Watch documentaries like Food Inc. and The Future of Food

Or even: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_qAGnRI9Wc
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2010