Cold Medicine

Can I give my 15 month old cold medicine Tylenol Cold???

Liz30355

Asked by Liz30355 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think tylenol cold is only reccomended for 6 and up unless your doctor tells you to use it and gives you dosage instructions. If he has a fever or you think he is in pain you can use regular tylenol and do other things to help soothe his symptoms. Elevate his mattress and use a humidifier if he is stuff or coughing. You can use baby vicks on his feet with socks over them. You can also take him into a steamy bathroom to help releive a cough or congestion.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would only use the infant drops
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No... no cough/cold medicines until after your kid is 2; then you must check the specific indications. Stick with the infant Tylenol!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 7:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• They do not make anything for that small. Your doctor might be able to tell you otherwise but you would have to give them a call.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I would have his doctor to call him in some cough medicine. You don't want to over medicate him.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 10:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2010