I need some advice.

My daughter's father(we are not together) seems to think it is a competition between the two of us regarding our child. He's lazy when it comes to her physical grooming(i.e. cutting her nails) doesn't really do anything with her but feels he's just as much the parent as I am. My daughter is also starting to express her desires to spend certain holidays, occasions, & just random days with me and my other child rather than spend it with her father. He father thinks I'm the culprit to our daughter's decisions when I have nothing to do with it at all. How do I deal with her father blaming me and getting upset at me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• Wow that is hard to answer, I know my best friend and her son's father make sure to encourage their son to say goodbye when they exchange the child and say I love you to the respective parent. Maybe you should encourage her to spend some time with her father because of a good reason (if you can find one). Of course this is only if you feel she is safe in all aspects with him, but by all means I would not "force" her to go, that may cause her to resent you. Tell her if she doesnt want to stay the whole time you will come get her. Dont bribe her but let her know that her dad will appreciate her company just as much as you do. really i guess im saying put yourself in both of their shoes....
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2008