Do you wear winter boots once the snow arrives?

If so, what kind do you have?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 7:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I wear warm boots with flat soles and good tread when there is snow or ice on the roads.  I don't want to fall and risk broken bones.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I love to wear boots in the winter even when it's not snowing. I just ordered a new pair. I have fashion ones and I have my trusty ones for snow and ice.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• for me it's not a fashion statement but I wear what keeps my feet dry and warm. I love my pair or tall "duckie" style boots
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I personally don't wear boot's. There is no need to in my snowless city :D.... However once winter comes my little sister buys her boots from big 5 sporting goods. They're warm, comfortable and for her atleast, Stylish. :D
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 7:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i wear boots once it starts to get cold, like now.
    i have knee high boots with heels, short boots with heels, and airwalk boots that look similar to uggs.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Nope. I'm a total weirdo...LOL...I wear flip-flops almost year round, despite the fact that we spend our winters interchangeably between Oregon and Alaska! Haha. Sometimes I'll wear some Columbia hiking boots for traction if the ground's really slick, but otherwise I stick with flip-flops and occasional flats.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• YES! In order to stay warm, if you are going outside around here you have to wear boots. I wear a pair of light weight ZERO boots. They are perfect for hiking in the snow.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 7:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I usually only wear boots for a day or two after it snows or if I'm going to be doing outdoor activities like shovelling, tobogganing, playing in the snow with the kids, etc. Other than that I just wear my shoes. As for what kind of boots I wear - I have two pair, one pair of "bush" boots (that's just the name we gave them - the big tall winter boots you'd wear trudging through the deep snow in the bush), and one pair of "city" boots (just above the ankle, lace up, a little fancier than the bush boots, but still warm). Generally I will only buy boots that are rated for -30 or colder.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• only if I'm playing outside with my ds
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I have skechers boots (they look similar to Uggs) and I will wear them from the first snow until.... it gets too hot to wear them.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010