heavy heartbeat?? anxiety?

i mentioned to my husband the other day that i felt like i had a heavy heartbeat or something. i cant really explain it but its like i can feel my heart beat. at first it was maybe once a day or so, and now its almost constant. i explained it to him like i felt like my blood was thick and couldnt get through the valves?? and now im always feeling like this. he immediately said it was anxiety. at first i completely disagreed (hes always trying to blame our marital problems on me having something physically wrong with me!). well after thinking about it i am very nervous all the time, and stressed. my mind is constantly thinking about things like money, our marriage, family, school, the kids. i'm always having to take deep breaths, and i am irritable. i find myself over reacting all the time. could this actually be anxiety? what could i do? i plan on calling the doctor this week but thought i would ask here first.

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 7:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• It could be anxiety, but def call your dr...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I agree, it could be anxiety from what you wrote. Stress will cause those symptoms. GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes, it could be anxiety. I'm glad you are going to get a checkup. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• just try to realx, I have anxiety and when i have anxiety or panic attacks my heart beats differentley and i start freaking out, but maybe it could be caffeine do u drink coffee or tea? when i drink something with alot of caffeine my heart beat is heavy..
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• First of all, it is a good thing you are going to the doctor. You don't want to ignore new symptoms. It sounds like a combination of anxiety/stress. The things you mention that irritate you are things of daily living, therefore, it is best to get it out. I like the coffee comment - try to avoid it after 3pm. Ignore your husband's comments. They are not supportive at all. When I feel anxious or stress, I think about my kids. they need to have a healthy mommy!!! Do you have shortness of breath or just palpitations or both? Make sure you let your doctor know so he can make an accurate diagnosis. Best of luck!

Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 8:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Did you start a new medication? I would call my dr. I have this problem but due to medical problems...so you may want to at lease call the dr. and let them know whats going on..you dont want to mess with something like that....hugs!
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2010