how do you know when you are ovulating when you have cycles like mine?

DH and I are trying to consieve even though we just started the beginning of September I know it sometimes takes a bit longer, but my second baby it was 1 month the first was 2 months, but I was also on the pill 3 months before with her. I am upset I am not pregnant (I started today) even though I know it has only been one month. My periods use to be exactly every 28 days from the very first time I started up until after having my second DD I use to be able to tell you when I was going to start, but now it is anywhere from 21-31 days well sometimes up to 31 days the average is 21-29 days though. Someone said I am not ovulating every month?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You should still ovulate about half way through your cycles. If it's 28 days then day 14. If it's 30 days, day 15. So you should still be able to plan your attempts. Have sex every other day from day 10 to day 18 and you should have it covered. It can take up to a year and a half so don't get too disappointed if it doesn't happen right away.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I took a natural family planning class so i will try to be some help. Try to pay attention to your discharge (sorry I know it sounds gross). Many women will have their period then after their period ends they will have about 3-4 days where they are completely dry, no discharge. Then you will start to notice some discharge this will last for about 1-1.5 weeks. Somewhere in this time you should notice discharge that is a mucus almost like egg white. If you were to wipe you would see a clear slimy mucus and if you were to put it between your fingers and pull your fingers apart it would hold a stretch. That is when you are fertile. I recommend having relations during this time of discharge, not just the time you are having the mucus, to become pregnant. Remember this is only a very small amount that is learned in the class. You can also try looking at the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Good luck
    DawnDietz777

Answer by DawnDietz777 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• you are probably still ovulating, but it's probably as erratic as your period. I know with my first everything was in the norm. (about the middle of the month between periods for ovulation, and a normal consistent 28-30 days between periods).
    With my second (or this pregnancy) I actually conceived while on my period. (she was unplanned, during our first weekend away without our toddler daughter for an event for his work, lol, unplanned, but not unwelcome I should say).

you can go to your local drug store though, and look next to the pregnancy tests should be fertility (or ovulation) tests if you want to track your schedule better.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• DawnDietz777

see the thing is I always have a discharge well not like everyday, but I have it a lot it is hard to explain.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2010