How can I get my hair to grow faster?

My hair grows soooo slowly. Any suggestions to speed things up?

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 7:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My cousin uses this horse shampoo called Horse and Mane Shampoo and her hair grows really fast so I bought a bottle last week. It's in the pet section at WalMart and it does say on it that it can be for humans too lol And there are skin, nail and Hair vitamins you can get at WalMart too.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Brushing it (stimulation) causes growth & avoid heat if you can, example: blow dryer, curling & straitening irons etc etc. these things do not promote growth but they dry out your hair and cause breakage. Also use good conditioners in order to keep it moisturized - really important...
    blessedwork

Answer by blessedwork at 8:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• muti vitimins...it is proven that bioxin helps hair to grow...and folic acid..which is also in muti-vits
    and b sure to get a good shampoo and conditioner...i use pantene...hope this helps
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 8:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Mane and Tail is cheap gimmicky garbage that's been around for years. Cheap store bought shampoos and conditioners are loaded with glycerin and wax, both horrible for your scalp. In order to stimulate hair growth you need a healthy scalp and healthy hair. Try Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Tea Tree, I have seen amazing results and thicker looking hair from my clients over a month or two. It's also affordable and PH balanced. Also make sure your diet is balanced. I love the NIOXIN oral supplement for hairgrowth and don't carry all the iron regular vitamins do.. It worked wonders for me. Hair grows on average 1/2 an inch a month I had 2/3 an inch regrowth from it. They are about $24.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Mane and Tail is cheap gimmicky garbage that's been around for years. Cheap store bought shampoos and conditioners are loaded with glycerin and wax, both horrible for your scalp. In order to stimulate hair growth you need a healthy scalp and healthy hair. --

AMEN, SISTA!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• yea i would try taking vitamins, which we should be taking anyways, maybe even try the prenatal ones.
    Avon_Girlie

Answer by Avon_Girlie at 9:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Vitamins. I would talk to a stylist about what shampoos and conditioner will really help with hair growth. They will know what is best for your hair and the texture of it. Also, I think hair grows a little faster when you make sure you do not have split ends...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• believe it or not....hair cuts promote hair growth, because it stays healthy all the time (no split ends)
    Biotin, Nioxin, Impruv, or Hair Essentials (both vitamins and hebals) can help. Don't take them all together. look at the labels.
    I would not advice prenatal vitamins because they can increase your appetite and you may gain weight --> don't want to go there.

Make sure that the vitamin label has these basic vitamins: vitamin A, C, E, Riboflavin, Vit B6, vitB12, Folic Acid, Biotin, Calcium, Zinc, Selenium, Cooper, Mangenese, Chromium, Niacin, Thiamine --> They never have all of these in one bottle, but make sure you have the majority of these vitamins. This will cover not only hair, but also nails and skin!

As far as price, don't go for the fanciest, some charge for packaging and "looks"

hope this helps!
    Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 8:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Massage your scalp alot and get reg., trims
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2010