I hear many talkin about Mike Pence, do you agree with his priorities?

On Saturday night, Pence traveled to Iowa — a key state for any presidential hopeful — to speak at the Iowa Faith & Freedom Coalition dinner. The Iowa Independent reports that Pence made an “impassioned plea” for the audience to vote this November in order to “protect your Christian values and freedom.” In his speech, Pence suggested that advancing socially conservative policy is more important than fixing the economy, bizarrely implying that marriage equality will further damage the economy:

Pence said although economic issues are important for the country right now, its a lack of morality that pains the nation most. Everything that is great about America, he said, could come crashing down because of the lack of values in Washington.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• While I agree with his right to say such things, I am appalled that he would link gay marriage to the economy in order to win over the christian right votes. That is disgusting.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• He is one of the few fiscally conservative politicians out there right now. I don't agree with him on social issues. But for me the priorities are fiscal.... IMO, our nation needs someone with strong fiscal responsibility. Their social stance is of less importance to me.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• "Professionals. And they did."....

..."These times demand unrelenting conservative vision. A nation conceived in liberty has come of age in bondage to big government. We've lost respect to the world. We are going broke. The American dream is dying for millions and our social and cultural fabric is unraveling. If we do not succeed in November, all that once was good and great about this country could someday be gone.

"In the face of their failed leadership, our movement must produce a vision for a better America that will return our national government to the common sense and the common values of everyday Americans."

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• "It was unconscionable for House Democrats to vote to adjourn Congress without taking a vote to extend all current tax relief. Democrats in Washington decided to go home to save their jobs without lifting a finger to save the American jobs that will be lost if a tax increase takes effect in January on small business owners and family farmers.

"Madam Speaker, higher taxes won't get anybody hired. Congress must act to ensure that no American sees a tax increase in January, not one.

~Please feel free to read the FULL SPEACH..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Uh, no. DC needs to keep it's nose out of my morals.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Wow.....he sounds like he is anti-gay and pro-chrisitianizing America.....I am all for marriage too and for morals, butI think EVERYONE should be able to marry----not just straight men and women. I guess if he won a straw poll in Indiana, they must be pretty prejudiced against gays there,right? He says that protecting "traditional marriage" is more important than the economy,jobs,etc. WHewww...that's extreme.
    WHY can't there be a moderate,middle of the road Republican?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• When speaking at the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition and the Iowa Christian Alliance Education Fund~ I agree with Pence on this, "When I opposed No Child Left Behind, when I opposed the Medicare prescription drug bill and when I opposed the Wall Street bailout, I knew that if we kept acting like big government liberals, the American people were eventually going to go with the p

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• What I don't agree with him on, is that, IMO social issues are NOT the responsibility of the Federal Government....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• "And House Republicans will not rest until we have repealed their government takeover of health care lock, stock and barrel.

"And after we undo their government takeover, a vision for a better economy begins with incentive. Renewing the incentive to create, to build, to achieve will restart the engine of the most powerful economy in the world.

"To get this economy moving again, we must preserve and promote the kind of tax relief that will encourage investment and create jobs."

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Ohh and I agree with this~ "At the root of these times should be the realization that people in positions of authority have walked away from the timeless truths of honesty, integrity, an honest day's work for an honest day's pay and the simple notion that you ought to treat the other guy the way you want to be treated."

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2010