Anybody ever use Tea Tree Oil to treat eczema?

I'm at my wit's end trying to help my almost 4yr old control her eczema. We've tried tons of Rx, so i'm onto natural remedies.
Hazelwood necklace didn't do anything.
I bought a bottle of TTO and put a few teaspoons in her warm bath, blot dried her...didn't rub, and used a cream to moisturizer her.
I'm tired of my baby being in pain from scratching herself raw.

So yea, has anybody used TTO to treat eczema? With or without success??

Kam06

Asked by Kam06 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Honestly the only thing we've had much sucess with is Verdeso Foam (Rx) when he has hot spots, bathing only lukewarm water and not more often than every 3 days. Aveeno Baby cream (the one with dimethicone, no dyes, no fragrance) every moorning and every night.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Oh, be careful with TTO, that's powerful stuff! My older boy now 6 yo as a baby had so much skin issues and still has it today. If you use TTO make sure to mix it well in a bottle of lotion or better yet you can try Melalueca's lotion that already has it in it!
    IF you do use it on your own I suggest a product like Borage Lotion for kids, I think its Shikai that makes it you can find it in whole food markets, atl. health stores. Mix no more than 4 drops to the 10 oz bottle.

I also use religiously, an oatmeal bath. Aveeno makes ready made packets you can add to bath to soothe the skin. Also wanted to say that a natural brand called Badger, makes several natural balms. I swear by these! by accident i found they soothed and healed my psoriasis/eczema issues fast. They make a baby balm too, but also recommend the Badgers Baby Balm...good stuff!

Good luck!
    MargoRo

Answer by MargoRo at 12:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree with PP. Tea tree oil is strong. My son had eczema but I finally found the Huggies Shea Butter lotion and body wash. Oh, and baby wipes. That was the only thing that worked.
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 1:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i know what you mean. verdeso doe sthe trick for us most times. i also eliminated all dairy from her diet.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Velvachol has done great things for our family. Then for another little one the Eucerine cream worked better. I tried various natural things and they did not work for us. I hope that you have better luck.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010