Changing daughters name

My dd's name is Skyler Michele, but we call her Skyler-Ann and when she's in trouble Skyler-Ann Michele.

Should we legally change it?

rlambert

Asked by rlambert at 8:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Baby Names

• my nieces name is skylar anne :)

ummmm i dont think you should...i call my daughter lexi-lou...and her name is alexis nicole..i would never change it tho..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Look into what it costs to legally change it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't change it. Doesn't it cost money after they turn a certain age to change their name?
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i would just leave it be and use that as her nick name.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Why would you change it?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• No. It's just a nickname. I think her real name is a beautiful and mature name and you can use ann as a short and sweet nickname on your own. Maybe give her the option of changing her name when she is a teen. But it costs money and makes little sense.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Another thing...that is a pretty name and I know people who should change thier name and even they dont bother. My cousins initials are STD. He hasnt bothered to change it.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Personally I wouldn't legally change it. My husband's name is Chad. His family always called him little Ben because he looked like his father. Same with my BIL's son. His name is Jeremy and they call him Baby Danie (after him)l. It's cute when they're young, but their names are great now and when they become adults. Nicknames are just fine without being a legal name.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It will cost atleast $500 to do a name change. Just leave it as is and call her what you want. kind of like a nickname.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't
    Mamacsb

Answer by Mamacsb at 7:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2010