Who is the ruler of this world?

dgall3

Asked by dgall3 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• From a Scriptural perspective:
    (1 John 5:19) We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one.
    (Luke 4:6) and the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it.
    (John 12:31) Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.
    (Revelation 12:9) So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. 
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 10:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Nature actually. Humans think they rule but along comes some natural disaster and everything goes to shit.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Me, You, Him, Her, They, Them... We all are.... :)

big smile mini

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Ruler, well we have metric, English....oh you meant like a person in charge. Hmm....NATO, no that's not right....ah...the UN. Oh but that's an organisation. Maybe you meant natural laws of physics. No, well there is no single entity that controls the world.....unless your talking about Gaia but she's earthy and has her own agenda. We're just broken cogs to Her so She pays us no mind. So, yeah. There is no single entity that "rules" the world. The great empires don't exist any more and what they didn't know was that they didn't rule the world in the first place. lol
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i am......muahahaha bow down minion..............

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• ME!
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Fate
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Unless you know something I don't, there isn't one... Time, Nature, Fate... Those are the only powers with any claim to "rule."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I am silly woman.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• People are..just saying although I have heard this is Satan's world lol
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2010