Advice on health insurance maternity cover and hospitals to have a csection?

I have just moved to the states and plan on having a baby in the next 12 months.

I'm organising health insurance and want to find out which health insurance to use. I want to find a hospital/doctor I would be happy with and then find the insurance that I can use them with.

If you have had a great experience can you please let me know so I can investigate it please!
Thanks

zimmer

Asked by zimmer at 8:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have tricare which is for military and they cover 100 percent most everyone I know their insurance covered them and I am pretty sure anthem covers them I don't know if you are or not but medicaid govt insurance also covers them 100% good luck I'm sure you'll find one that will
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• You may not be elligable for medicaid so I would not count on that.
    Try buying a BCBS policy in your state. They should have a website you can google. Aetna and cigna also have plans.
    YOU MUST make sure you have maternity coverage and buy the policy prior to becoming pregnant to ensure coverage.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I got on medicaid with my first son. With my second, I paid the doctor out of pocket for the c-section and delivery and I got emergency medicaid at the hospital. It all depends on your income, but there is something you can get.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• It all depends on what state you live in!
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010