Does anyone have numbness after c-section?

I ended up with nerve damage after my emergency c-section and my doc says I may never regain feeling. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Did the numbness ever go away?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Health

• mine was kinda numb for like a year. Even some parts still are (just on the ends though.) I was told by my doc, that it's normal and just another reason why, c-sections are very dangerous.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• i had that after my first c-section (also an emergency). i have had 2 more after that (repeats, not emergency), and now i have regained all feeling. it's normal to have numbness, and it usually goes away (but it may take years)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• The numbness gets less and less. I still have a little numbness and my youngest is 17 months. I don't know if I've just gotten used to it or if it's gotten better. lol. I had nerve damage in my finger from a deep cut that I got once that lasted for about 4 years, but now it's fully better. You just never know bc it's different every time and with every person/situation.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yep numbness is a sign of proper healing so you should be fine but as always if you have any concerns you should talk w/your doc..hope this helps
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My was numb for a really long time. I think some parts are still numb and my son is 3.
    jovigirl15

Answer by jovigirl15 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I still have numbness to a degree, and my daughter is 4 years old, and an only child.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I still have a little bit of numbness, and my c-section was 3 1/2 years ago. Most of it went away, though, although I don't know when.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Yes and it has not gone away for me. I hate it when the scar itches..grrrr. I've had numbness since my first c-section.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I had 2 of them and my kids are 24 and 27 now and I am stil numb..it is because they cut the nerves, even when I had my lung bi-op many years ago im still numb there too...I think when they cut you so deep it cuts so many nerves and they cant just grow back together.. a very strange feeling..my left breast is still numb to this day from the bi-op, always praying i dont slam it n the door or someting....giggles! Good Luck!
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yes i had 3 c-sections and i have the numb feeling going on =(
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2010