How familiar are you with your local store employees?

We live in a small town (30K or so). Every store I go to, I have a favorite cashier... even the library! How big is your city/town and do you have favorite employees there?

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 8:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2010 in Shopping

• i also live in about 30,000 person city. everyone knows us at the places we go alot..... chic-fil-a they know our orders and even gave us a free meals after my last baby was born..... grocery store i definately know what cashier is slow and who is good to go to, and the lady in the bakery department always gives my boys a doughnut lol...... we are at story time every thursday and they definately notice if we miss a week lol.........at petsmart the ladies there always come and talk to the kids and we see them every week too lol. so we know alot of people we can say hi to even if we see them outside of the store lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• How lucky you are. I use to have a favorite at my local small grocery store. Now I have a favorite in the bakery section and a favorite in the deli. There is one outstanding cashier but she is not there often enough. I miss the small town. I do have a favorite sample provider at Costco and at Sam's.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• My town is 700 - we have no stores so no. But, the town I grew up in is the town I do most of my shopping in - and in my favorite store yes, I know quite a few of the people, and yes, I do have my preferences, but I don't go out of my way to make sure a person I like checks me out. For anything more than groceries or the basics I have to drive an hour away - and I know no one in those stores!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• We used to have a favorite at our Wal Mart, we would always go in her line when she was there and she really got to know our family. So much so that she got them little Christmas gifts. She's not there anymore though.
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• I don't have favorites, but I do have ones that I avoid at all costs. I guess the ones I don't avoid would be considered favorites lol
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Too well at my local Shoprite
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 9:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2010